Sunday, July 22, 2007

Take A Memo ...

Whew! I did it. Managed to create cards each week of the 3-week Sketch This Card challenge. Here's my sketch for week #3 ...


For this card, I used the new SU Basic Gray and textured Purely Pomegranate cardstock (plus black, of course).

The images are from several SU stamp sets: Office Accoutrement(memo), Wonderful Words (celebrate), It's Your Birthday (Happy Birthday) and Polka Dots & Petals (dots). I made good use of my Stamp-a-ma-jig (stamp positioner) on this one!

Accents are On Board Chipboard covered in Petals & Paisley's designer paper. For a little extra pop, I colored over the paper with a Versamarker and embossed with clear embossing powder.

Oops ... running behind for evening events ... gotta run ...

7/23 Note: Looking at this again, not sure if the colors are working. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Heather P. said...

They work for me... I really like these colors together! :) The Basic Gray really makes all the other colors seem so much more pronounced. :)

kdj said...

Thanks, Heather. I think the colors are growing on me :)