Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Day Off ...

Ah, a full day away from the office! To celebrate, I spent some time in the Stamp Garage and made a card for this week's Sketch This challenge.


I used Kraft card stock to make this 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card. The star is traced from Stampin' Up!'s On Board Accents and cut out with an exacto knife.

Behind the star, I adhered a piece of Whisper White cardstock "painted" with a babywipe colored with drops from reinkers: Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise ... In fact, this piece was left over from graduation cards I made last month (always nice to reuse/recycle).

The text is from the Genuine Articles stamp set. I used an Old Olive marker to ink the words separately so that I could change the layout of the saying.

The shells are from the Stippled Shells stamp set. I stamped off with Pumpkin Pie to create the lighter shells (masking in order to layer the shells). The larger shell is full-strength stamped in full-strength Pumpkin Pie with a bit of sponging to add some more color & depth.

Hope you all enjoyed your 4th!

5 comments:

Natty said...

That is fab, I love the natural look and that Genuine Article stamp is yummy!

mum on the run said...

Great take, well done on your first challenge!

Your stamping looks great

Heather said...

This is beautiful... I just LOVE that star! :)

lindsalita said...

Great 4th card, love the colors. Red, white and blue are great but these are amazing!!!

kdj said...

Thanks, everyone! So encouraging to see such nice words re: my first sketch challenge card :)