Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sparkle Card

Had some fun with my new Big Shot last night and made a quick retro-inspired card ...

First, cut a few images with the Sprarkle sizzlits die (this image reminds me of a '60s wall clock). I used some scrap pieces of Basic Black and a piece of Orchid Opulence. This is a great way to use up scrap pieces of cardstock!


Next, assemble the card (told you it was quick)...



I used Kiwi Kiss for the main card body, rounding the corners with the Corner Rounder punch. Along the left, I attached a small strip of Baja Blue cardstock. The Sparkles were glued down using a few dots of Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive. For the center dots, I punched smaller circles using the 1/4" Circle punch and popped them up with small bits of Stampin' Dimensionals (I cut one dimensional into 4 pieces). The final touch ... add the 'way to go!' rub-on from the School Days set.

I'm thinking a set of these cards in different color combinations would be fun to make ...

No comments: