Friday, August 8, 2008

Bunch o' Thanks ...

A quick note before the weekend ... the stamp set 'One Smart Cookie' has returned in the 2008 Fall/Winter Idea Book & Catalog. So happy to see it! This set was in the Spring Occassions mini catalog and I had a lot of fun creating with it so glad others will get a chance to play now, too.

Here's a quick card I created using the grapes and 'thanks a bunch' stamps from the set. Nice thing is - the images and text are on different stamps so it's easy to mix and match the lil' pictures and sayings.


Punches: I used the new Stampin' Up! Scallop Edge punch and the Corner Rounder punch.

Color: The color is Orchid Opulence ... cardstock, classic ink (for the text) and a marker to fill in the grapes. The grapes on the background are actually stamped in Versamark because I wanted them to be slightly lighter than stamping with the Orchid Opulence ink -- but still match the color (Versamark ink is perfect for this!)

Techniques: Before coloring the grapes, I stamped them in Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. To add a bit of texture, I sponged some Orchid Opulence on the cardstock.

Accessories: Keeping the card simple, I added a small piece of black gingham ribbon and a silver brad.

This card is now on its journey through the US Post ...

No comments: