Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Big Shot Arrives!

At work today one thought kept entering my mind, "The UPS guy is delivering my packages today." Sure enough, when I got home, here's what was waiting for me in the Stamp Garage ...


And, inside, my Big Shot!



Of course, I had to play ... no particular project in mind, I just wanted to learn how to use the Big Shot and my new cutting and embossing dies. It was so easy; within minutes I was hooked. Here are just a few of the test items I popped out using Big Shot.

First, testing out an embosslit embossing die ... this one is a special edition for Stampin' Up!'s 20th Anniversary year.


It embossed and cut out the scallop image in one pass!



Next up, I tried out one of the extended dies. I used a scrap from a piece of 12x12 cardstock for this one. In one side ...


Out the other ...


The result ... a set of scripted words perfectly cut. I would never attempt this with scissors or an exacto knife.


And, of course, I had to test out the ability to die-cut materials other than cardstock. Enter -- a scrap of leather. The result -- a leather monogram K!



I want to play some more with the Big Shot ... but have to get some sleep before work tomorrow. *sigh*

Stampin' Up! has partnered with Sizzix to offer a Big Shot specially designed for Stampin' Up! plus exclusive dies that coordinate with Stampin' Up! stamp sets in addition to other Sizzix dies (Sizzlits, Embosslits, Extended dies, Bigz dies, and Bigz XL dies). Stampin' Up! dies will work with your Sizzix Big Shot ... and Sizzix dies will work with your SU! Big Shot. Time to play!

No comments: