Sunday, August 3, 2008

Convention Make and Takes ...

Home! (well, for one night at least. I fly out for a biz trip tomorrow)I'll be sure to start putting together my convention photo galleries when I get back - but first, I wanted to share the two last make and takes from the Stampin' Up! 2008 Convention.

Both of these projects use the new 'Eastern Blooms' stamp set. The box is made from a 9 1/2" x 6" piece of Pink Pirouette card stock. To decorative top is a 12" x 2" piece of the new Bella Rose designer series paper edged with the new Scallop Edge punch.


This box holds 5" x 3 1/2" note cards and envelopes.


My favorite part of this project was making the rosette. It's an 11" piece of 1 1/4" gorsgrain ribbon in Pink Pirouette gathered with a running stitch along one side. The edges are covered in a thin layer of Crystal Effects and Chunky Stampin' Glitter in silver.


The next project is a bookmark made from a scalloped square from On Board Essentials, a 20" piece of 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon in Pacific Point and a couple new Filigree Designer brads.



A fun gift idea!


And, now that I'm home, I was able to take some better pics of the other make-n-take projects. Here they are again ...

Inspired by Nature ...



Flight of the Butterfly ..



Eastern Blooms ...



I'm thinking bookmark stocking stuffers might be a good idea this year ...

I'll post a rosette tutorial when I'm back from the biz trip ... Cheers!

No comments: