Saturday, August 2, 2008

2008 Convention - Final Day

Started today by first checking out the display of the new Stampin' Up! Big Shot adn carrying bag (the demos hadn't started yet, so I just peered longingly thru the plexiglass cube). I can't wait to get a Big Shot. Sure, it will cut through cardstock and chipboard but I can't wait to try it out on fabric, leather and other materials!


Eventually, convention had to come to a close - but it went out with a bang ... the bang of confetti canons. The minute the UPS guy walked on stage, we all knew something was up because usually when one of sees the UPS guy at home, that means new stamping stuff being delivered. Sure enough, the UPS guy was there deliver all of us the "Say It with Scallops" set from the new catalog!



UPS donated these sets and Stampin' Up! will be giving $2 from every set we received (plus all future sets sold) to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. A friend of mine stayed at a Ronald McDonald house for 3 months after her daughter was born 3 months early (happy to report, the daughter is now in grade school and doing great) so it makes me smile to know dollars are going to this cause.

It's been fun hanging out with some friends. Susan and I both celebrated 5 years as demonstrators so I decided to capture the moment ...


And, ended the day by having dinner & drinks with Teresa & Cheryl, demonstrator friends I met at convention last year in Denver ...


Here are a couple of the projects we made today. I had fun not only playing with some of the new Stampin' Up! products but also learning new techniques. All the projects today featured the new 'Eastern Blooms' stamp set - love it! Here are a couple of the projects - will post the others when I get home (just wait until you see the ribbon rosette)

This card uses several new In Colors: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango (ink). The main focal point of the card was made by dry embossing using the Floral Frenzy Brass Classy Brass template and then lightly brayering Tangerine Tango (new In Color) over the de-bossed side and using the template again as a guide to create the stems by making little dots with a white gel pen. I used the Color Spritzer Tool for the first time (yep, that's on my wish list now, too)


The next project is a mini-book made using two 3 x 3 inch Love Notes in Tangerine Tango and the coordinating envelopes in Very Vanilla. Of course, I didn't have pictures with me to finish off the inside so will have to do that at home. I was also thinking this could be a creative new form of invitation ... a little booklet highlight weekend events for a girls getaway to the spa ...



I'll post the other project pics when I get home. In fact, I have tons (only a slight exageration) of pictures from convention so I'll be creating some photo galleries to share.

No comments: