Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Quick Gift: Magnets ...

*sigh* I've been busy at work which means getting home late and that translates to not being able to get in some good stamping time. So, for a quick fix, I decided to make these magnets ...


I used a 1" Circle punch to pop out the flowers from SU's Big Pieces stamped in Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou (oops, colors are a bit off in the photo). The punch creates a circle drops right into a bottle cap.

To create the shine - and make sure the image stays put inside the bottle cap - I colored over the images with a Versamarker and sprinkled in Glassy Glaze embossing powder then pulled out the heat gun ... heat ... sprinkle ... heat ... sprinkle ... heat ... keep repeating until you have the glaze & thickness you're looking for.

To finish things off, I added a mini glue dot in the center of each flower and sprinkled with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

Voila! Quick Gift.

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, what a fun idea, will have to try it. You asked what I used for glitter on my card, a simple gelly roll silver sparkle pen, have been chasing down stickles, but haven't gotten them yet.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! What a FANTASTIC idea! Thanks for sharing that. Now did you buy those bottle caps at a specific store? Not sure I have seen them anywhere here. LOVE the idea!!!