Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Fab ...

Ever have one of those days where you go to stamp and nothing comes together? I had one of those nights last night ... I think my brain couldn't handle all the options & choices.

So, tonight, back to the stamp garage. I simplified my color pallette and here's what I came up with ...





I used the SU 'Fabulous Flowers' set for this 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 card. The large flower is stamped in Basic Gray and, for a little extra flair, 'Dare to be Fabulous' is stamped in Pink Passion.

The designer paper is from the Charbon set. To help the greeting pop a bit from the paper, I colored in parts with a white gel pen.

I added some dimension by lifting up the flowers (dimensionals) and creating the flower center piece using the 'squiggle' from Fabulous Flowers stamped in Pink Passion and punched out using the Trio Flower punch (I don't cut images if I don't have to).

Last touch, a bit of dazzling diamonds glitter on the flower center.

Maybe I was flashing back a bit to the 'Sgt. Pepper at 40' concert I saw with friends at the Hollywood Bowl last weekend ...

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

This is GREAT! Love what you did with the Dahlias! :)