Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day ...


Here's another card from my January class ... paper flowers for Valentine's Day!

Making the flowers is much like making the Valentine Treat Toppers ... stamp, punch & stick.

Punches Used:

  • Scallop Circle Punch

  • 1 3/8" Circle Punch (or 1 1/4 Circle Punch depending on the size of your stamp)

  • 1/2" Circle Punch



Stamp Sets: Big Pieces, Little Pieces, Holidays & Wishes

Colors (inks & cardstock): Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou ... and Whisper White craft ink.

To make the flowers petals ...
I punched 2 scallop circles of textured cardstock (2 pieces so that I could put the wire stem in the center and still have a finished flower back).

To create the centers ...
I stamped images from Big Pieces and punched them out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. Then, I stamped images from Little Pieces and punched them out with the 1/2" Circle Punch. To complete the centers, I attached the 1/2" circles to the 1 3/8" circles using brads (a paper piercer works great to create a starter hole for the brads). Next, I attached the 1 3/8" circles to one of the scallop circles using Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the flowers ...
I cut a piece of wire (approx. 6"), folded it in half and twisted ... creating the stem. I sandwhiched the wire between the 2 scalloped circles using Sticky Strip.

To attach the flowers to the card ...
I used Stampin' Dimensionals behind one flower, and Sticky Strip behind the other (creating some depth). Finally, I punched two small holes with a paper piercer on either side of the wire stems and tied with a small piece of linen thread.

Last Steps ...
I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the "Happy Valentine's Day" greeting ... stamped in Whisper White craft ink on textured Purely Pomeagranate cardstock. The final piece is attached a Whisper White greeting card ... ready for sending.

Have Fun!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Super adorable kd. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card. Those paper flowers rock.