Thursday, September 20, 2007

More Than a Brown Box ...

One of the great things about stamping and paper crafts is the flexibility ... make cards, scrapbook pages, gifts and even home decor items. I decided to combine a couple of these ideas and covered some simple boxes with patterned designer papers and ribbons. The boxes of course make great gift packages but they also make for nice holiday decor sitting on an entry table.


Paper: For these boxes, I used papers from the new SU Holiday Harmony double-sided designer paper from the Holiday Mini Collection.

Adhesive: When covering boxes, I recommend using a glue stick on the box and smoothing the paper down with a bone folder. Then, use some sticky strip (heavy duty double-sided tape) to tack down the edges. The designer paper will have some tension so using a heavy-duty adhesive will keep your edges down.

Ribbon: The ribbons are from SU's Theater set. The ribbon not only adds a great decorative edge, it also hides the seams between the top and sides of the box lids.

Label: For the front label on the square box, I used a piece of hardware from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit in Pewter. I punched a piece of white cardstock using the large oval punch and glued it behind the label frame with a bit of liquid glue. I'll handstamp a label once I figure out who the box is going to ... or what I want the box to contain.

2 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful projects! I have many things to recover and you've inspired me to do that this weekend! Best get at it so I'm prepared for Christmas gifts! Love the paper you used!

Heather P. said...

These are so pretty!