Of course, it's not a meeting without card swaps. There were lots of great cards featuring stamps from SU's new Holiday Mini Collection. Here's my "quick card" swap ...
For my swap card, I used the new 'True Friend' stamp set from the Holiday Mini Collection. Cardstock colors are from the In Color series - Blue Bayou and Soft Sky (plus a small piece of Naturals White). I stamped images in Chocolate Chip ink and accented the card with a piece of 5/8" grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip.
Of course, punches! I'm not a big fan of cutting things out so I love using punches. For this card, I used the new 3/16" corner rounder, the 1 3/8" circle, the 1" circle, the 1/4" circle and the Scallop circle punches. The final touch is a gold eyelet in the center of the 'flower.'
Tip: Here's a trick for centering the eyelet in the center of the flower image:
- Punch a 1" circle from Soft Sky
- Punch a 1/8" hole as close to center in the 1" circle as possible and set the eyelet.
- Punch a 1/4" hole in the center of the flower - then use dimensionals to adhere the stamped image (punched out with a 1 3/8" circle punch) over the 1" circle so that the eyelet shows through in the center of the 1/4" hole. It doesn't matter if the 1" circle isn't perfectly centered in the 1 3/8" circle because you'll never see that part.
- Use glue dots (or your favorite adhesive) on the back of the 1" circle to attach to the center of the Scallop circle.
- Voila! Everything is centered.
Thanks to the punches there was no special cutting and this card went together quickly!