Sunday, February 15, 2009

Coffee & Creativity ...

Happy 2009! Oh, sure, we're 6 weeks into the new year so I'm a bit behind with my New Year's Wishes - but Happy New Year all the same.

January was busy with getting back into the swing of work after the Holidays and wrapped up with the arrival of the new Stampin' Up! Spring/Summer 2009 Catalog. I was thrilled to see a new coffee-inspired stamp set!

So, of course, when it came time to make swap cards for next weekend's stamp gathering - I turned to the coffee set "Sip by Sip" and used this as an opportunity to also try out the new Stampin' Up! Texture Plates for the Big Shot.


I stamped the "3 cup" image multiple times in Basic Gray classic ink on Very Vanilla cardstock ... a bit of an assembly line approach. I colored the cups for the final cards but like the simple gray & vanilla look, too ... gives me ideas for future projects.


After coloring the cups with Cameo Coral and Tempting Turquoise markers, I punched out the cups using a 3/4" Circle Punch.


I added a lil' depth to the card by placing the punched cup images on the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. (You can see a bit of the texture in this shot, too.)


Ta-dah! A stack of cards ready for next week's card swap. The card fronts are mounted on Basic Gray and Cameo Coral cardstock. I rounded the corners using the small corner rounder punch.


Time to enjoy a cup!


Stamp Set: Sip by Sip
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Cameo Coral
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Stampin' Markers (Tempting Turquoise, Coral), Punches (3/4" Circle, Small Corner Rounder), Big Shot, Texture Plate (SU! Backgrounds 1), Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy February! Here's to finding some stamping time.

2 comments:

laurie said...

Fun card!

kay said...

Thanks for sharing this card in the Swap Meeting. One of my favorite!