Sunday, October 7, 2007

World Card Making Day ...

It was a busy day in the Stamp Garage. Started things off with 'Coffee & Cards' - some stamping accompanied by breakfast bread & beverages. Here are the cards that M. made for her son's first birthday party ...


These cards use the number 1 from the 'Headline Numbers' set stamped in Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. The bugs from the 'Bugs & Kisses' set are stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. (Both stamp sets Stampin' Up!)

After working on an art journal project I'm participating in, I decided to stamp some more cards to celebrate World Card Making Day. To keep things simple, I used the same basic layout for all of the cards I stamped today.

I'm a big Halloween fan and, since it's October, it seemed appropriate to make some more Halloween cards. I originally created these next two cards for my stamp class last month.

Both cards use a 3x3 piece of 'Creepy Crawly' designer paper. One side is a mosaic ...


The other side is black & webby ...

For both of the Halloween cards above, I stamped images from 'Autumn Apparitions' in Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder to create the silhouette effect. The greeting is also from 'Autumn Apparitions' and is stamped in Whisper White craft ink on black cardstock.

Next I decided to create a Halloween card that didn't use typical Halloween colors ...


The skull stamp and patterned paper are from Paper Source. I stamped the skull with Versamark on Very Vanilla cardstock and embossed with kaleidascope glitter embossing powder from JudiKins. Then I stamped 'Happy Halloween' from Stampin' Up!'s 'All Holidays' set in Versamark and embossed with Very Vanilla embossing powder. Mounted all on Chocolate Chip cardstock to finish things off.

For the last card of the evening, I decided to play with texture ...


For this card I used SU!'s 'True Friend' stamp set. I stamped the background in Chocolate Chip classic ink on vintage Japanese grass paper that my neighbor gave me (Thanks!). The greeting is stamped in Chocolate Chip craft ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder. Mount all on Pumpkin Pie carstock and voila a Thank You card that reminds me of my aunt's pool house in the early '70s.

Time to sleep now ...

2 comments:

Corie said...

WOW -- FANTASTIC cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Great ideas!! Looked like a really fun day!!! :) Patty
www.pattystamps.com