Thursday, June 28, 2007

Aloha!

Stamp class tonight featured the 'Do the Hula' retiring stamp set ... a lil' retirement send-off. I had fun mixing this stamp set with some different background techniques.

Hula Girl

Stamp leaf in Versamark Ink on Kraft cardstock and emboss with clear embossing powder. The background behind the hula dancer is 'babywipe painting' ... aka, drip a few drops of re-inkers (I used Only Orange, Summer Sun and Pink Passion) onto a baby wipe and pounce on the cardstock. The hula dancer is stamped with Chocolate Chip craft ink & embossed with clear embossing powder.



Palm Trees

Stamp palm trees with bleach on Chocolate Chip cardstock. To make a bleach 'ink' pad, I use a small piece of felt, folded over, in a small plastic container - splash the felt with a bit of bleach to moisten. Stamp aloha with Versamark ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.



Surf Board Cloth

I thought it was only right to recycle, so I stamped the surf board in Chocolate Chip classic ink on the *now dry* baby wipe that I used to 'paint' the background of the 'Hula Girl' card.



Au Chocolat Bag

To wrap things up, a quick & easy gift back decorated using the Au Chocolate double-sided designer paper from the Spring mini catalog.

1 comment:

Angel said...

I LOVE the recycled baby wipe surfboard! I wish I would have had this set to make my luau invitations....but I went with the long retired Tropical Blossoms. Thanks for visiting my blog....I flound yours that way!